Block time to meet or talk to your customers by using appointments in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. You can modify any of the information in an open appointment. If you change the date and times of the appointment, Microsoft Dynamics CRM will recheck for schedule conflicts.
The calendar displays canceled and completed appointments and service activities. To remove an appointment or service activity from the calendar, delete the record.
Create or edit an appointment
- Do one of the following:
To create an appointment or a recurring appointment on the Service Calendar, on the nav bar: Go to Service > Service Calendar. (How do I get there?)
To create an appointment or recurring appointment in the Activities area, on the nav bar: Go to Sales > Activities. (How do I get there?)
- On the command bar, choose Appointment.
- Type or change information in the text boxes. You can point to a field to get a tip on what data to enter.
- If this is a recurring appointment, choose Recurrence, and then select the time, pattern, and date range you want.
- Choose Save.
If any participants have a schedule conflict, a warning appears. You can choose Ignore and Save to save the appointment anyway.
If you want to add an attachment, make sure you save the appointment first. Then, in the Attachments section, choose the Add attachment record button (you may have to scroll to the right to see the button) and browse for the file. The attachment size limitation is the same as the email attachment size limitation, which can be changed by your system administrator. More information: System Settings dialog box – Email tab
You can’t insert attachments in a recurring appointment.
If you plan to include appointments in solutions, we strongly recommend that you don’t include only appointments and only recurring appointments in separate solutions. If you install and uninstall separate solutions with different appointment types, you’ll encounter a SQL Server error and you’ll have to recreate the appointments.
If you’re using CRM for Outlook
Keep the following in mind if you’re using CRM for Outlook in addition to the web application:
- If you’re using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2015 Update, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015, or Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 for Outlook, you can synchronize appointment attachments between Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Dynamics CRM for Outlook if your system administrator has enabled attachment synchronization. You can insert the attachments in CRM or Dynamics CRM for Outlook.
- Appointments created in the web application and synchronized with Dynamics CRM for Outlook automatically set a 15-minute reminder and appear on the Microsoft Outlook calendar. You can change the reminder in Dynamics CRM for Outlook.
- Service calendar items aren’t added to your Outlook calendar.