How to set “Out of office” automatic replies on Outlook
This example uses Outlook 2013.
Turning on “Automatic Replies”
- Open Outlook 2013 as you would do normally.
- Click the “File” tab in the top left hand corner.
- This will bring up the Outlook menu (defaults to the “Info” tab).
- Click the “Automatic Replies” button (circled in red).
- A pop up box will appear, click the radio button “Send automatic replies”.
- There is an option to set up a specific time frame for Outlook to send replies (useful for holidays etc.).
- Enter the appropriate message within the text box provided (You will need to set it for people in and/or outside of your organisation separately).
- You can untick the box for sending replies to external addresses if you need/want to.
- Once you have written your message click the “OK” button and it will return to the Outlook menu once more (it will now automatically reply to any [if chosen] emails until you turn it off or until the time frame set is over).
Turning off “Automatic Replies”
- To turn off “Automatic Replies” go back to the “Info” menu and click the “Turn off” button under “Automatic Replies (Out of Office)” (circled below).
Do you have any other queries or issues? If so visit the other articles within out Knowledge Base and see if there is one to resolve the issue.
If not please do not hesitate to contact us (Cloud2020).