Manage your subscription
There are a number of tasks associated with managing your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online subscription. To learn how to manage licenses, create users, assign security roles, grant user access, manage storage, and more, see TechNet: Manage your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online subscription.
Add user licenses to your subscription
If you manage your subscription to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online through the Microsoft Online Services environment using the Office 365 admin portal, you create a user account for every user who needs access to CRM Online. The user account registers the user with Microsoft Online Services environment. In addition to registration with the online service, the user account must be licensed in order for the user to have access to the service. For more information about user licensing and subscriptions, see TechNet: Manage subscriptions, licenses, and user accounts
Check and manage your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online storage through Microsoft Office 365.
This topic applies to users who are on the Microsoft Online Services environment.
Monitor the amount of storage your organization is using
If your Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization is consuming 100% of your available storage, users in your organization won’t be able to enter data or create records, although they will be able to view data.
- Make sure you have the System Administrator security role or equivalent permissions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
a. Follow the steps in View your user profile.
b. Don’t have the correct permissions? Contact your system administrator.
- Go to Settings > Administration. (How do I get there?)
- Choose Resources in Use. Review your storage used.
To get more storage
- Free up storage consumed by unneeded data. For more information, see TechNet: 10 ways to free storage space in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Purchase additional storage from the Office 365 Admin portal page. More information: TechNet: Manage storage for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Remove storage from your subscription
You may find that you don’t need extra storage and choose to remove it from your subscription. By removing storage capacity, you are reducing the amount of storage space available to your organization. Storage can’t be removed if it’s being used, or if you have the minimum amount of storage required by your subscription. More information: TechNet: Manage storage for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Add License Wizard and Add Storage Wizard errors
You may see an error while running the Add User License Wizard if you have:
- Reached the maximum number of licenses available for your offer.
- Attempted to remove licenses, which would result in less than the minimum number of licenses required by your offer.
To see other offers available to you, on the Subscription Management page, under Application Usage, click or tap View Offers. If you are eligible to change your current offer, the offers will be listed. If you are not eligible for an offer at this time, contact the Microsoft Dynamics CRM sales team.
You may see an error while running the Add Storage Wizard if you have:
- Reached the storage limit available for your offer.
- The minimum amount of storage for that offer.
If you cannot add storage from your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online subscription, it might be that your current offer has a limited amount of storage available.