Schedule time off
You can schedule a period of time in the middle of a schedule when a resource is not available to be scheduled for a service activity. For a user, this could be a sick day or vacation. For a facility or equipment, this could be an equipment failure.
More information on scheduling a resource for business closure or holiday: Set or change work hours for a user, facility, or equipment.
- Make sure you have the System Administrator security role or equivalent permissions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
a. Follow the steps in View your user profile.
b. Don’t have the correct permissions? Contact your system administrator.
- Go to Settings > Business Management. (How do I get there?)
- Choose Facilities/Equipment.
- In the list, open the resource you want to modify.
- Under Common, click or tap Work Hours.
- On the Monthly View tab, select a date on the calendar.
- On the Actions toolbar, click or tap Set Up > Time Off, and then in the Schedule Time Off dialog box, enter the following details:
- Reason. Type a short explanation for the resource’s absence.
- All Day Event. Select this check box if the resource is unavailable for the entire day (midnight to midnight) of all of the days,
- Start Time and End Time. If you have not selected the All Day Event check box, you can set specific start and end times. When the end date is reached, the previous schedule continues.
- Duration. If you do not want to calculate the end date, select the number of days the resource is unavailable.
- Time Zone. If the resource is in a different time zone, select the time zone. Microsoft Dynamics CRM automatically adjusts the times on the calendars.
- Click or tap OK.
In the working hours calendar, affected days are marked with a red block. In the Service calendar the time appears as a white block and cannot be scheduled.
You can update your own working hours or time off, and add yourself to teams and resource groups. On the Tools menu, click or tap Options. On the General tab, at the bottom of the page, click or tap the user information link.